Save a life. Adopt a shelter pet.
Your donation can make a major difference in the lives of animals.
Save an Animal
Adopting a Pet
Adopting a pet is a joyous experience for everyone involved! When you open your home to a shelter animal, you open yourself to an enriched life with a loving companion. Choosing the right pet for you is an important step in ensuring a successful adoption – it should never be an impulse decision.
Making a Donation
The Headwaters Animal Shelter relies on donations, membership and adoption fees to fund nearly 100% of its operations. There are many ways to show your support for the animals and all donations are tax deductible – your generosity keeps our doors open! We have multiple options for donating. Check it out!
At the Headwaters Animal Shelter, our mission is to improve the quality of life for companion animals.
We are dedicated to accomplishing our mission by:
- Aiding in the return of lost or stolen companion animals to their rightful owners, and securing suitable homes for homeless companion animals;
- Providing and maintaining programs to reduce companion animal overpopulation and euthanasia;
- Promoting the growth of education and sentiment favorable to the protection of companion animals;
- Preventing cruelty to companion animals;
- Assisting in the enforcement of laws pertaining to companion animals.
As a member of the Headwaters Animal Shelter, you have the joy of knowing you are supporting an organization that works tirelessly every single day to improve the lives of many neglected, abused or abandoned companion animals. Your membership fees (tax deductible!) help us to provide them with loving care and a second chance for a wonderful life.
Monday – Saturday, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please call (218) 237-7100 to make an appointment. While we highly encourage appointments, we also welcome walk-in guests.
It’s always a good idea to call before your visit, in case we close early.